Thursday, May 25, 2017

Last Day In Ecuador

I forgot to mention yesterday that We also went to a monument in the morning that represents where the battle took place on Ecuador's fight for freedom. While we were there we saw a group of 4 homeless puppies and a mother. We named the puppies Rica, Freckles, Rambo, and my favorite Cacao. The mother we named Lillian.

Today is our last day in Ecuador and we are spending the entire day in Cuenca, touring and shopping. We started by going on a double decker bus around Cuenca and learned a lot about its buildings and history. We stopped in a small town with another church and another beautiful view. We went down to a famous ceramics shop and met the person who made the ceramics that we bought.


Then we got back on the double decker bus and went down to a restraunt for lunch. After lunch we got to go to the market and find some things to buy to remember our trip. I got a necklace that was hand made with polished coral.


After that, it was time to go to the airport to head home. The airport had only one terminal and the only flight at that time was the one to Quito, which is the one we were on. We got on the flight which was only 45 minutes. Then we had a 3 hour layover until our next flight to texas, and then we had another 3 hour layover until we had our flight to seattle. This in total lasted about 20 hours. I took off in Cuenca on Tuesday and landed in Seattle on Wednesday. While I'l miss being on vacation in Ecuador, I am glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment