![]() |
| Sunrise from plane. |
![]() |
| Texas |
So I am going to tell you about the history of the Galapagos islands before you hear about the wildlife and geology instead.
Before we left for the Galapagos I studied the history of the Galapagos, including Darwin's visit, I also studied the animals that lived in the Galapagos.
The Galapagos Islands: A (shortened) History.
In 1535, the Bishop of Panama landed in the Galapagos islands on accident. He could not see the islands because of the fog. They stayed there for a while and finally found a way off of the island. They later started to call the island the island of the tortoises or "la island galapagos" which then shortened to Galapagos. A few years later Charles Darwin came to the Galapagos islands for his famous visit and discovery of evolution. Darwin was so fascinated with the islands he decided to take one of every animal he found and document it. After he left the islands he started to notice that the finches that he found in the different islands were slightly different but they were all finches. That is when he thought of the theory of evolution. Now the Galapagos islands are a wildlife sanctuary.




Hi Emma!
ReplyDeleteNice to see you've already made your first post. Sounds like the flight was really long, but I'm sure it will all be worth it once you get to the islands. We're looking forward to following your adventures!
Great photos!
ReplyDeleteWow that sunset is so very beautiful!! I wish i could travel and sight see with you, I hope you have an amazing time! Stay safe!!
ReplyDeleteHello Emma, you are having a good time going on vacation and doing more work out of school
ReplyDelete-Agi
Wow sounds like the first part of your trip was pretty boring, but cant wait to see what you see and learn.
ReplyDeleteIt is really cool to read what you are doing on your trip! I would love to see blue-footed boobies, and I had no idea there were flamingos there. Did you see any of the different varieties of finches? Any whales?
ReplyDeleteThe rose window in the basilica is beautiful! I think I would want to try the dangerous stairs to the top at least once for the view. I know what you are talking about with the smell of smoke, I think I will have the same problem when I go to Italy.
I really enjoyed reading about the differences between Ecuador and Washington. Have fun the rest of your trip, Dylan.
Its is so awesome that you get to be able to experience all of this. I am glad that you decided to share this with us.I have really enjoyed reading about your experience and findings so does my friends and family. I hope you have fun on the rest of your trip, and I can't wait for you to get back. -Lizzy
ReplyDelete